Sunday, January 4, 2009

Faithfully.

The other day I came across letters I wrote to my future husband a couple years ago. Within those were lyrics to a song that I wrote down. These really reminded me of where my heart needs to be and what I should be striving for. I thought some of you would enjoy this as well.

Tonight I saw shooting star.
Made me wonder where you are.
For years I have been dreaming of you.
And I wonder if you're thinking of me, too.

In this world of cheap romance.
And love that only fades after the dance.
They say I'm a fool to wait for something more.
How can I really love somone I've never seen before?

But I have longed for true love every day that I have lived.
And I know real love is all about learning how to give.
So I pray that God will bring you to me.
And I pray you'll find me waiting faithfully.

Faithfully, I am yours.
From now until forever.
Faithfully, I will write.
Write you a love song with my life.
Cause this kind of love's worth waiting for.
No matter how long it takes.
I am yours.
Faithfully.

Tonight I saw two lovers kiss.
Reminded me of my own loneliness.
They say that I'm a fool to keep on praying for you.
How can I give up pleasure for a dream that won't come true?

But I will keep believing that God has a plan.
And though I cannot see you now, I know that He can.
And someday I will give you all of me.
Until I find you, I'll be waiting faithfully.

2 comments:

christ*in said...

I LOVEEEE this. a lot. It totally sums up everything perfectly.

mary said...

This is beautiful...I bumped into my true love almost 20 years ago now...If I knew then...what I know now of true and faithful love...I would have tried to live your words for as long as it took for us to find eachother...