Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Short-lived moments.

Certain happy moments are hard to endure.
The reality of the moment tries to overlap the underlying pain.
These rare moments create flashbacks to a lost acceptance.
They re-open the cut and remind you of how it should be.
They're hard because it emphasizes the relationship that is deeply desired.
A laugh, rarely shared, is deafining.
They're the definition of bittersweet.
Because deep down I know the clear sky won't last.
And before I know it, the storm hovers over once again.
So what am I to do in these misleading happy moments?
Do I enjoy the short lived, yet false, moment of effort?
Or do I only focus on the true underlying struggles between the barrier?
In my young eyes, the best thing to do is remain guarded to protect myself in these moments.
But at the same time, live out the moment to ensure I'm doing everything in my power to hold on.

No comments: