Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Natural nature.

Sometimes I feel like I'm standing in front of a tidal wave; and all I can do is stare at what's coming.
Other times I feel like I'm riding the tidal wave; and have no where else to go but where it decides to take me.
Sometimes the sand beneath my feet is soft yet supportive.
And other times it seems like a pool of sinking sand.
Sometimes the sun is facing me; so all I can do is walk into the warmth with my eyes closed.
But other times the sun is behind me; creating a light for my walk ahead.
Sometimes the breeze is just what I need to blow away my nerves.
While other times it's just sweeping away my structure.
Sometimes the shade of the tree creates a blanket of protection and promise.
And other times the shade creates a burden of restriction.
Essentially, these factors of nature are stable and unchanging.
It's the position of myself that controls the outcome and status of each situation.
I don't have control of nature; however I do hold control of where I stand in the middle of it.
These variables of nature won't ever alter.
But the graph of my "storm" will become consistant when I stand in the midst of it all, knowing I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.

2 comments:

taylor made said...

bah, so good. this is BEAUTIFUL. metaphors like you I think.

christ*in said...

amazing.